Guysborough County Adult Learning Association
GALA provides projects to:
- Help support families to enhance their language, literacy and math literacy skills while improving self-confidence and reinforcing the fact that a parent is a child's first teacher.
- Promote the value of literacy in the family by providing parents with activities that they can develop with their children.
- Enhance the ability of the parents to support their children's language and literacy development from birth throughout the school years.
- Provide information and activities for positive parental involvement in their children's development and education.
- Strengthen and build basic literacy skills of parents.
- Provide opportunities for parents to pursue their own educational goals.