The Guysborough County Adult Learning
Association will work with adults who want to improve their reading, writing,
and math skills so that they can participate more fully in their home,
workplace and community. The objectives are:
- To help adults who want to improve their
reading, writing and math skills.
- To examine present literacy and upgrading
projects to see if they are meeting the needs of the adult learners and try to
- To speak out for adult learners and help
them to find projects that suit their needs.
- To encourage the use of a variety of
teaching methods based on individual needs
- To involve the community in helping adults
improve their reading, writing and math skills.
- To encourage learners to become members of
- To help learners, tutors and interested
groups share educational materials, ideas and concerns.